TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Boost control
People Seeking Info

Subject Boost control

Posted by Denis on August 03, 2023 at 5:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 106 times.

In Reply To Re: Waste gate operation posted by Hornsup on August 03, 2023 at 05:00 PM

Message Yes you can bypass this problem. First some info; the safety boost only "protects" the engine up to 2,500 or 3,000 RPM, after that it does come into play. This is because the CPU in our cars is too slow, it was top of the line at the time, but after 3,000 RPM it can not decipher the knock sensor signal. So bypassing the safety boost does not really have any risk.
There are 3 ways to do it and putting in an electronic boost is the very best way. Number 2 is to install a manual boost control (https://www.grimmspeed.com/manual-boost-controller/), this was the route I took because I did not want make room for the electronics in the cabin, and it works great. Number 3 requires some experimentation; make a pill and put it in the line right in the hard pipe coming from the IC. The experiment is finding the right size orifice to put in the pill.
If you determine you want to proceed with #2 or #3 I can provide some help. If #1 is the route you want to go, then the manuals have that covered.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.